[Xastir] SUSE 9.1 Motif problem

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 4 17:54:51 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Tim Connolly wrote:

> Does anyone have step-by-step howto's that tell how to install xastir on a
> fresh system ?

Yea.  It's in the INSTALL file.  Pehaps a couple of the more recent
variants of some of the distributions have changed things.  In that
case someone needs to figure out what the changes are, and then
either request that the distribution is fixed, or we may have to
change some things in Xastir to match.

I have no trouble installing Xastir using the INSTALL instructions
on SuSE, through 9.0.  I think a few people have had trouble with a
fresh 9.1 install, but I have no experience with that yet so don't
know whether it's the "fresh install" part that is the problem, or
whether something has changed permanently.  On systems upgraded from
7.x through 9.0, I have no such trouble.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer