[Xastir] Request for info from those having problems finding Motif during configure

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Wed Jul 7 12:57:51 EDT 2004

There's been a lot of traffic lately from folks running SuSE 9.1 because
xastir's configure isn't finding Motif headers.  From what I gather, this
version of SuSE has a pathological X installation.

I'd like to spend some time this weekend working the configure script, and
before I do that I'd like to understand a little more about why these folks
are having these problems --- as I understand it, even adding the latest
code to configure didn't solve them completely.

If you are having problems with configure probing for Motif, please contact
me off-list.  I'd like to get a good diagnosis before operating, but it'll
require a bit of patient cooperation, since I don't have any version of
SuSE installed on any machine.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey