[Xastir] Image Magick no longer working.

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 31 21:38:46 EDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> configure:14432: checking for Magick-config
> configure:14459: result: yes
> configure:14544: checking magick/api.h usability
> configure:14556: gcc -c -g -O2 -pipe -Wall -pthread -I/usr/local/include
>    -I/usr/X11R6/include
>   conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:190:24: magick/api.h: No such file or directory
> configure:14562: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
>
> I can't seem to find any api.h for IM anywhere on my system...but I
> haven't removed anything and I've had xastir up and running with IM
> support for at least a month now.

It's looking for it at /usr/X11R6/include/magick/api.h.  It's not
there?

The autoconf stuff has been re-ordered a bit, that's probably why it
changed for you.

It tries to find the ImageMagick library and include files, then
checks that they are usable to compile with.  There's evidently
something different about your system, perhaps they have moved the
IM stuff to nonstandard locations in Debian Sarge?

> I'm running Debian Sarge if that helps.  Do I need to reinstall the IM
> development package or something?

Probably won't help, unless somehow some files got removed
accidentally.

What do these commands return?

    Magick-config --cppflags
    Magick-config --cflags
    Magick-config --ldflags
    Magick-config --libs

Those commands are used to determine how to compile things with
ImageMagick.  The Magick-config script comes with the ImageMagick
packages.  I'm not 100% sure that configure uses this info during
the test compiles, but that info is used later to compile Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer