[Xastir] Objects on D7AG

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 22 01:00:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > If the D7 won't send the objects to the GPS is it
> > possible/legal to have Xastir send an object out as if it ware a
> > stations position report? As far as I can tell this isn't possible with
> > Xastir at the moment, would it be legal to do?
>
> Yea, you'd just need to put the callsign in the comment to make it
> legal, FCC-wise.  Don't know about rules in other countries.

I got corrected on this.  We can send all the objects/items we want
but just have to identify our own transmitter every 10 minutes.

If we're sending out things that look like real stations, then we
have to fit the object/item name into a 6-character callsign field,
plus we have to identify our transmitter every 10 minutes.  We don't
actually have to add the callsign into the comment field on the
packet, but it would probably be good practice to do so.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer