[Xastir] Objects on D7AG

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 02:49:39 EDT 2004

> If we're sending out things that look like real stations, then we
> have to fit the object/item name into a 6-character callsign field,
> plus we have to identify our transmitter every 10 minutes.  We don't
> actually have to add the callsign into the comment field on the
> packet, but it would probably be good practice to do so.

It probably would be good practice to add it as the comment. For our
unit a 6 character name wouldn't be difficult as 8 is generally the GPS
limit anyways.

I finally found the cable for the rino and it does appear to get the
objects, so it is either a Magellan issue or an issue with the way the
D7 sends objects via the Magellan format. (Why there is a separate
format I have no clue). This presents me with a dillema :-) Our unit
owns only Meridian units (6) and most all members who have personal
units use the Meridian for simplicity in training :-) It would also seem
to be a waste to program in that special case.

Josh