[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sun Jun 27 03:32:21 EDT 2004

Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:
> Given the very high number of rejected commands, is it possible that he
> has the TNC in beginners mode rather than Expert or Advanced mode?
>
> I think the command is INTFACE TERMINAL on my PacComm.  I don't have the
> manual in front of me.

I do not have the TNC anymore here, but I read the manual and it seems
there is no such "expert" mode.

The fact is that this tnc is only able to send UI packets, it's
optimized for aprs and it has no other "advanced" features. Instead, it
can be used as tracker, without a pc connected; it has an aux serial
port for a GPS interface and/or a weather station.

Thank you for the support.

PS I can see there are several north-italian aprs stations that use
Xastir. Is there anybody here on the mailing-list?

Thank you
Alessio Sangalli
IW2NYD