[Xastir] Xastir vs. Others

Tom Robson, ve7did ve7did at dccnet.com
Sun Jun 27 18:57:09 EDT 2004

Just had the opportunity to use the latest version winaprs at Field Day
because I could could not get a laptop which had linux on it.  If any of you
have had this (mis)fortune to use programs other than Xastir, you will very
quickly learn how great Xastir really is.  Although I have been using Xastir
for a couple (perhaps a few) of years, I had no idea how easy it is to run
compared to winaprs.

I don't think you can find a simpler program to operate and have the majority
of the functionality available.  It is so easy to demonstrate.  It even shows
tracks without screwing around.

Admitently, perhaps the install is a bit more difficult, but from a user and
operator standpoint, how can you beat it.

Just my humble opinion but I know for sure, I now will have to get a laptop
and get linux installed.

...73 Tom