[Xastir] Canadians! Online Topo Maps!

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 3 21:45:18 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Tom Robson wrote:

> You certainly did...  dinner actually got cold.... I think these are the
> first free (legit) topo style maps I have ever seen in Canada.  Works good,
> just have to be careful your zoom is not too big or it takes a long time to
> load.  Maps are kinda chunky when zooming in close, but beggers can't be
> choosy.  The display is identical to the findu maps.

Things are faster now:  Keep checking CVS for the latest.  I don't
know if it's on the anon CVS server yet, but if not, it soon will
be.

Steve Dimse (the findu guy) did some nice zoom changes at the server
end which allowed corresponding changes to be made to Xastir.  These
reduce size of the downloaded images (Toporama maps).  Good for
those of us on dialup links for sure!

Thanks Steve!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com