[Xastir] Beginner - weather radar maps?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Mar 15 11:30:37 EST 2004

First, since I'm not doing a great job of keeping Curt updated on all
I'm doing with the .geo's, I'd ask all to periodically go to
http://mesonet.tamu.edu/APRS and snag the .geo's of interest.  I am
still doing some tweaking because of system/program/operator problems
and that's where I post the working files... or, at least I HOPE they
work.  I do try to test 'em.

But, to answer the question...

Place USrad.geo in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/radar.  Use (from the
pull-down menu) MAP->Map Chooser to select the file, then select the
Properties button and tell the program to make USrad.geo an AutoMap.
Close, Apply, and you should be downloading a radar image that'll
automagically georegister to your display area.

HTH,
73, gerry