[Xastir] User verification

David A Aitcheson kb3efs at gisco.net
Sun Mar 21 14:56:20 EST 2004

Alan,

What Larry says he saw is what he saw.  There is still one pesky reference to
the 'old' style of user authentication buried in the initial/first_time use
script.  Larry is not alone, others occasionally ask the same question.  If
it is not in the files on the primary server then it is in an older version
that is on a mirror that has not updated recently.

I did notice at one point that there was a lack of continuity between the
online (web page) FAQ and the downloaded (installed) FAQ.  Lacking a system
that well run a higher version of linux and lacking a DSL connection prevents
me from being more up to date on things.

73 Dave KB3EFS FN24bi