[Xastir] User verification

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 21 15:48:24 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Larry W. Irwin Sr. wrote:

>   I just Xastir up and running with soundmodem. When I start Xastir, it tells
> me to contact the program author for verification. I looked through the
> documentation and the website but did not find an e-mail address.
>
>   Probably a pretty dumb question but I would like to get on the air.

How old is your version of Xastir?  Current is 1.3.0, development is
1.3.1.

If you're running anything older than 1.3.0, you should upgrade.

What you're most likely seeing is a message directed to your
callsign from the internet server you're connecting to.  It can end
up looking like something Xastir is telling you, but in reality it
is the remote server that is trying to tell you something.

Any message directed to your callsign that Xastir doesn't know what
to do with, it puts up into a separate dialog.  That's probably what
you're seeing.

Use the "callpass" program, generate a key for your callsign, then
put that into the Interface->Properties box for each interface you
wish to have authenticated.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer