[Xastir] Compression algorithm problem with DRGs

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 00:16:16 EST 2004

Thank you Derrick for the help, I haven't gotten it working but I think I'm
headed in the right direction...

Geotifcp did not work, although it did get rid of that particular error,
Xastir appears to load the file (given that no errors are displayed) but it
is not displayed. I *think* that it has something to do with the geotiff
data, but I'm new to this so I am not sure. I've looked at a few of the non
working files and am limiting myself to working on 1 at this point, since
they are all similar.

Listgeo on non working files gives me this...

$ listgeo o44123b3.tif
Geotiff_Information:
   Version: 1
   Key_Revision: 1.0
   Tagged_Information:
      ModelTiepointTag (2,3):
         0                0                0
         557411           924395           0
      ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
         8                8                0
      End_Of_Tags.
   Keyed_Information:
      End_Of_Keys.
   End_Of_Geotiff.

Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left    ( 557411.000, 924395.000)
Lower Left    ( 557411.000, 877739.000)
Upper Right   ( 591723.000, 924395.000)
Lower Right   ( 591723.000, 877739.000)
Center        ( 574567.000, 901067.000)

Listgeo on a working file gives me a whole lot more data, the most
interesting part being the corner coordinates, which appear to include both
valid UTM data and lat/long data. The non working files do not appear to
have valid UTM data. Is there any way to convert this? I'm guessing that the
this information uses the "Oregon Lambert Projection" system, as that is
talked about all over the sites I got these maps from....why a few of them
use "good" data I'm not sure. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? If
so, does anyone know how to convert, I have the parameters for the Oregon
Lambert Projection system.

If not, does anybody know where I can get DRGs for free of Oregon (Mostly
Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Lane counties)?

Thanks for the help,
Josh
KD7ZYW