[Xastir] Compression algorithm problem with DRGs

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Mon Mar 29 00:36:31 EST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Josh Keller wrote:

> Thank you Derrick for the help, I haven't gotten it working but I think I'm
> headed in the right direction...
>
> Geotifcp did not work, although it did get rid of that particular error,

well, that's all I expected.

> is not displayed. I *think* that it has something to do with the geotiff
> data, but I'm new to this so I am not sure. I've looked at a few of the non

it does.

> $ listgeo o44123b3.tif
> Geotiff_Information:
>    Version: 1
>    Key_Revision: 1.0
>    Tagged_Information:
>       ModelTiepointTag (2,3):
>          0                0                0
>          557411           924395           0
>       ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
>          8                8                0
>       End_Of_Tags.
>    Keyed_Information:
>       End_Of_Keys.
>    End_Of_Geotiff.

so you're missing a pile of tags.

> Listgeo on a working file gives me a whole lot more data, the most
> interesting part being the corner coordinates, which appear to include both
> valid UTM data and lat/long data. The non working files do not appear to
> have valid UTM data. Is there any way to convert this? I'm guessing that the
> this information uses the "Oregon Lambert Projection" system, as that is
> talked about all over the sites I got these maps from....why a few of them
> use "good" data I'm not sure. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? If
> so, does anyone know how to convert, I have the parameters for the Oregon
> Lambert Projection system.

i suggest if they're projected the same, listgeo working.tif > file;
geotifcp -g file nonworking.tif better.tif

then try better.tif and see if it's right.

you may need to use -e nonworking.tfw in conjunction with -g file in order
to get the coordinate tags to not be overwritten; i don't remember.