[Xastir] Problems installing Xastir

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 1 10:31:58 EDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> Thanks for the help Curt. I looked and then tried loading a png library that
> was not originally downloaded during the Cygwin install but still come up
> with the same error when compiling Xastir.
> I can see it's close to the end of the compile. I'll try updating Cygwin
> again but if that does not work, I am going to start over from scratch.

Another thing you can do is get rid of the ImageMagick package and
try compiling.  It should complete.  If you're interested in raster
maps you'll eventually need ImageMagick, but for right now you can
get by without it in order to play with Xastir a bit.

Xastir configures to whatever libraries are on your system that it
can use.

That will knock out all types of internet maps though, as those are
all done through ImageMagick currently.  That will most likely
change in the future though.

Yet another option:  Downgrade the ImageMagick package to an older
version to see if that fixes it.  It may just be the most recent one
or two that are broken.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer