[Xastir] Icom IC-T7h and MFJ-1270 TNC2

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun May 2 19:56:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Chris Abbott wrote:

> Also, I think I have an ok TNC start script, all it
> does is send the command converse to the tnc. Is this good or bad? And
> also, I would like a stop file for it as i can't figure out how to get
> the thing to stop without going into minicom
> and hitting control-c. Any help will be appreciated.

I should have mentioned that I don't think you should be putting the
TNC into converse mode yourself.  Xastir actually switches between
command mode and converse mode itself, in order to program your
callsign before each transmission.

You should instead be concerned with things like these:

    Packets are all one line (not a separate header line)
    Filter/MFilter are disabled (so Mic-E packets aren't messed up)
    Radio baud rate, other communication parameters
    Turning on/off digipeating and setting myalias RELAY
    Making sure PASSALL is turned off

Those sorts of things.  See the files that come with Xastir for
ideas.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer