[Xastir] Screen Size

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Thu May 6 14:43:21 EDT 2004

Hello,

At 08:55 5-5-2004 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>To try to get the dialogs to fit something that small would be a
>tremendous amount of work.  To get them to 640x480 is more
>reasonable at the present time.  I have a personal interest in
>getting it to 640x480 as I have a device which runs that.

Would it be possible to put the dialogs in a resizable container? That way
all the buttons and fields can be reached via scroll-bars. Not very nice
maybe but at least workable for any size screen. Maybe it can be even be
done so that the resizable container is not visible if the dialog fits on
screen, so if the screen is big enough you will not notice the change. If
this is would be possible then it would save a lot of work to get a
workable system with a 640x480 (or smaller) screen. I wonder, does a
PocketPC run Cygwin, how about PocketXastir then...?

I also have a laptop with a 640x480 grey-scale screen, I run X windows
(XFree86 3.3.5,) with a virtual screen configuration of 788x640 (the C&T
chipset has some atrifacts, 788 is the experimental limit, hence the
strange number :-) and 640 proved to give enough height for most
applications). That's maybe another possibility. Xastir can be resized such
way that the map fills the screen while the menu and status bar fall off
the visual screen to utillize the screen maximal for map data.

Kind regards,

Henk.