[Xastir] re: More Xastir questions.

Tim Baggett tbaggett at jump.net
Mon May 10 00:01:49 EDT 2004

> This error message seems to follow along with other suggestion that I need
> to go to the root user using 'su'

Cygwin doesn't have a 'root' user.

You are running windows; Cygwin is just another application running under
Windows. Therefore, Cygwin has the same users and permissions as your
Windows installation will allow.

I also don't think su works under Cygwin; at least, it never has that I know
of. Cygwin does include a 'login' command that can be used to switch to
another user, but be warned that you must have the /etc/passwd file created
properly. For more information on that, see the Cygwin user's manual.

As for CVS, can you tell me what you have in your CVS/Root and
CVS/Repository files on one of the Xastir source directories?

73,
Tim