[Xastir] Debain build

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Mon May 17 15:02:13 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 10:02:17AM -0500, Larry wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been having a problem in getting xastir to compile with Debian...I did
> a cvs, and have had a problem in locating all of the required files needed...

There is a debian build of Xastir, although it is stuck at 1.0.0 in
stable and 1.2.0 in unstable/testing. I have a wishlist bug in to get
1.3 in to unstable, hopefully before the sarge freeze whenever it comes.
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=233120)

Even if you're building from CVS, you can use the package's
Build-Depends to get the packages you need to compile it. An
"apt-get build-dep xastir" should install the needed files to build. If
you're running stable, I would probably pull the list from the unstable
xastir package and install them by hand. Currently, that would be
"apt-get install debhelper libax25-dev lesstif2-dev xlibs-dev
festival-dev festival libmagick-dev xlibs-dev libshp-dev gpsman gpsmanshp"

Details on the debian package is at http://packages.debian.org/xastir,
and the dsc file that shows the Build-Depends: header for the version in
unstable is at
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xastir/xastir_1.2.0-1.dsc

Note the Debian unstable recently moved to ImageMagick6, which may mean
all bets are off. :-) If you feel lucky, try replacing libmagick-dev in
the above apt-get install command to libmagick6-dev.

Bob N2KGO