[Xastir] New user - couple of questions

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Thu May 20 14:34:37 EDT 2004

As for cygwin, i'm not sure, i use linux primarily and haven't played
with it in cygwin. For the THD7, it hink there is a premade script that
can be found in /usr/share/xastir, there you should see a dile labeled
tnc-startup.thd7 . That should help some(don't forget to put it in
packet mode instead of aprs). For the stop script, just have it do the
opposite as the startup script i think. As the USB gps, you can do two
things, one is to add it as a serial gps and see what happens, the other
is get gpsd working with it and then just point xastir to gpsd. I hope
this helps, I don't have a gps myself and I haven't played with my dad's
usb to serial adaptor to see how it does. I really hope this helps, if
not someone else can help you for sure.