[Xastir] New user - couple of questions

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri May 21 03:55:16 EDT 2004

Chris Abbott wrote:
> As for cygwin, i'm not sure, i use linux primarily and haven't played
> with it in cygwin. For the THD7, it hink there is a premade script that
> can be found in /usr/share/xastir, there you should see a dile labeled
> tnc-startup.thd7 .

yes, I've found it. now I will study how it is. the funny thing is that
with the normal startup script the system was working very well too!

 > That should help some(don't forget to put it in
> packet mode instead of aprs).

yes, right.

> As the USB gps, you can do two
> things, one is to add it as a serial gps and see what happens, the other
> is get gpsd working with it and then just point xastir to gpsd.

The first mode is what I used until now, and it works great (pointing to
/dev/ttyUSBx). I didn't notice it's possible to use gpsd, I will try it
because in this way I can also use another application (gpsdrive)
together with xastir. Even if, I must say, with the *fabulous* xastir's
map handling... sometimes I want to use this program for GPS navigation.

bye thank you
Alessio Sangalli