[Xastir] MultiMap site WAS (no subject)

Luc Dore VA2KSH va2ksh at airpost.net
Tue May 25 11:31:44 EDT 2004

Hello to Curt and all on the list,

What I like about the possibility of the multimap site is simply that
I've noticed, since I started working with Xastir how tough it was to
get good, street-level maps for those of us not in the United States.

This mapping site seems, to me, the most attractive solution so far as
it covers Europe, North America, South America (maybe not entirely),
and the Orient.

One must point out though that the site may change formatting, and url
information at any time, leaving us without much; but for the time
being, I really like it.

What would be cool to consider would be a new file format where Xastir
can pass along parameters of the current window; e.g. the window center
is xxx lat, yyy long with zzz zoom level, the window is aaa wide by bbb
high, and have the file format respond with either a url or local file
(the $map in my example) and have it displayed.  And where that file
format could shell out or do some other functions.

Anyways, just a few thoughts here between meetings.

Luc D. -- VA2KSH
PGPid: 0x6A0DF068