[Xastir] I-GATE setup on Xastir

N9JCA n9jca at sigecom.net
Sun Nov 7 12:00:48 EST 2004

I have been running an I GATE, N9JCA, using a 2m Icom with an MFJ 1270C,
on Xastir now for about 6 months and never had any problems per say. I
am curious as to how the packets are transmitted, because it looks like
that it sends out 2[two] sets of packets at the same time; 1 for RF and
1 for the INET, but my Data Path says APX141, TCPIP. Will my Data Path
always be shown as via INET?

Example: There is a Station 15 miles South of me, KB4AMA-10, he is also
an I GATE, [ I was the person who got him interested in Xastir] are our
packets being TX'D/ RX'D to each other via the I NET or RF? Sometime it
can take 5mins to get a packet back and forth from each other.There is a
Digi in between us, AA9MM-10, setup as a WIDE4-4.

There are times that I do have one heck of a time contacting other Stations.

Example: KB0QJO-5 in Iowa, will take as long as 15 mins to RX a packet
and TX an ack back to me; while W8VMB in Mich, takes as little as 5/10
secs to RX a packet and TX an ack

N9JCA Chris