[Xastir] Xastir up and running!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 10 10:34:20 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> problem was trying to use the PNG snapshots. My system would go into 100%
> CPU use when I enable it. I found the culprit to be the convert.exe file in
> cygwin/bin. It seems the M$ NTFS convert file was being called instead. A
> quick change to system environment path and all was well.

Cygwin experts (any out there?):  What can we do to prevent this
from happening in the general case?  Can we put in a specific path
to the executable when we're running on Cygwin systems?

>     One function I would like to get working is an autostart of Xastir upon
> restart of the OS. I have tried batch files to no avail. Can anyone suggest
> ad way to start Xastir under Cygwin on a Windows XP pro box?

Sorry, can't help you on that one.  I don't run Windows unless I'm
doing Cygwin test installs.  Hopefully someone else has automated
this.

Are you able to auto-start Cygwin ok?  You might want to peruse the
web pages at www.cygwin.com to see if autostart of
Cygwin/X11/Applications has been addressed there.  A google search
might yield the answer even faster.