[Xastir] Fetch Terraserver Images for off-line use?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Tue Nov 16 10:33:37 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I think the base files for the terraserver satellite images are from
> USGS DOQ files.  You might be able to use those directly in Xastir.
> I think Derrick has played with that some.

the ones which are GeoTIFF "just work", some are .bil or .bsq files, those
need to be converted to geotiff with gdal. They are large.

Another possibility if you can't find DOQs for an area, I can probably
find the terrapaste script which wgets tile files from terraserver and
glues them back together. i don't remember if it georeferences them