[Xastir] Re: Cygwin Xastir help needed

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 16 16:30:12 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> > Did you reindex?  Are they showing up in the map chooser?  Are you
> > able to select them, but then they won't load?
>
> Yes, I did reindex but they do not show up in the map chooser.

Remember that there are two Map Chooser views, directory and
directory/files.  Make sure you're in the correct view (button at
the top).

If you did a reindex new, make sure that you "touch" any new maps
first to make sure their datestamp is newer than the datestamp on
the map index file ("touch filename1 filename2" or "touch *").
Sometimes when you download files you get an old timestamp.  Another
way to solve this is to do a reindex all, which doesn't care about
timestamps.

> >    No dbfawk installed, map type not hard-coded into Xastir.
> >    Dbfawk installed but no matching dbfawk file for your map.
>
> I have the second condition. Will the absence of the dbfawk file cause the
> map not to show in the map chooser?

Nope.  It can cause it to not show up (true Tom?) or show up
improperly when drawn though.

> I understand now about the display of the raster maps, perhaps that is my
> problem or what caused the problems. I _cannot_ display the online
> toposerver map or online terraserver map at all now. If I choose one or the
> other, a blank screen with no watch showing and no info showing map loading.
> I can choose online Tigerline maps and also the online US and TX radar maps
> but they will not lay over top of the tigerline map. I tried changing the
> map properties for the radar maps as Tom suggested in his email with no
> success.

Are you sure you've cleared out all your maps?  Make sure the Map
Chooser is in File/Directory view and then hit the clear button.
Another way is to kill Xastir and delete the
~/.xastir/config/selected_maps.sys file.  That's where the list of
selected maps is kept.

It sounds like you might be in directory view and might still have
some maps selected?

> > It is capable of that.  For transmit.  For receive it uses a
> > function in AGWPE where all packets on all ports come into Xastir.
>
> Sure would be nice to have the option on receive also...where is that
> feature wish list page??

http://www.xastir.org, then click on SourceForge link (lower middle)
and then RFE.

> Since these problems have started, now a new one has surfaced last night. I
> have the snapshots enabled but getting this error:
>
> convert: No encode delegate for this image format
> (/home/Randy/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png).
> System call return error: convert: /home/Randy/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm ->
> /home/Randy/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png
>
> The problem seems to be related as it is dealing with an image file.

That's ImageMagick complaining.  See the README.win32 about this
one, or the FAQ perhaps.  Setting a variable will tell ImageMagick
where to find the delegate.