[Xastir] sound alarms

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 2 01:37:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> Yes, it plays from a terminal.
>
> With Xastir 1.3.2, and previous 1.3.x versions I compiled, all went good.
> I changed no permissions, and actual permissions seems good.
> Seems as with 1.4 something changed from the point of view of sound
> activation. It is not so important, but Xastir did not even starts noatun as
> before. There are no error messages.

I just went through the exercise of finding my speakers/power supply
and getting them all set up.  Putting "/usr/bin/aplay -q" into the
Audio Alarms configure box and putting the correct wave files into
/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds got everything going just fine.  I
had to play with my mixer a bit to get the levels right and get rid
of the hiss (by turning off unused inputs).

So the net result is that the Audio Alarms still function in the
latest CVS.  Using SuSE 8.1 here.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer