[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 3 23:25:50 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Rick Green wrote:

> FIrst, a comment on terraserver:  Terraserver apparently doesn't have any
> images for my location.

Depending on the area and the zoom level, you may get missing
squares on terraserver/toposerver.  Just has to do with which images
they have available.

> save all those wasted CPU cycles, and deselected USRADAR.GEO, but it won't
> go away!  I even went so far as to stop xastir and restart it, but it
> promply went into a wait state while it loaded usradar.geo again.  WHen it
> finally began responding to the cursor, I brought up the map chooser, and
> sure enough, USRADAR.GEO was deselected.

When you say "deselected" it, does that mean you clicked on to
un-highlight it and then hit the "OK" button, or you clicked on it
and then hit the "Cancel" button to make the dialog go away?  Unless
you click "OK", you're not changing your selections.

> I just tried something else:  I re-selected usradar, then brought up the
> properties dialog, and erased all values associated with usradar.  Close
> the properties dialog, deselect usradar in the chooser, and press OK.  The
> first message that appeared in the status window is 'Loading Usradar.geo'
> ARGHHH!

You can always kill Xastir then go into your
~/.xastir/config/selected_maps.sys file and delete the offending
lines, or just delete the file altogether and reselect your maps
from scratch when you next start up Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer