[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 4 16:02:39 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Rick Green wrote:

>   'Index on startup' is not checked.

Ok.  Worth asking.

>   That brings up another head-scratcher.  /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/
> contains two subdirectories, GPS/ and Online/.  The map chooser shows me
> only GPS/, and ignored Online/, so I had to copy the contents of that
> subdirectory into the maps/ directory itself before they'd show up in the
> chooser.  Ownership and permissions of the two subdirectories are
> identical, so go figure.
>  At the moment, there are NO maps selected in the chooser, and
> selected_maps.sys is empty, yet I have USRadar.geo displayed, with
> Michigan.pdb overlayed on top of it.  map_index.sys lists all the maps in
> my directory, not just the ones that are being loaded.  Should I have
> deleted that file as well?

That contains the disk version of your map indexes and your
preferences for each map file.  You could try renaming this file
then starting up Xastir again, but you'll have to reindex in order
to recreate a new file.

I'm wondering if there might be an off-by-one problem in the map
index lookup somewhere, so that the wrong map is getting drawn on
your system.