[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Oct 4 22:00:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > my directory, not just the ones that are being loaded.  Should I have
> > deleted that file as well?
>
> That contains the disk version of your map indexes and your
> preferences for each map file.  You could try renaming this file
> then starting up Xastir again, but you'll have to reindex in order
> to recreate a new file.
 I again shut down xastir, then deleted both selected_maps.sys and
map_index.sys, then restarted xastir.  it came up with the same center and
zoom as before, but with no maps.  I reindexed the maps, and now the
contents of the Online/ subdirectory show in the chooser.  I selected
tigermap.geo at layer 2 and Michigan.pdb at layer 4, set tigermap to
display only below zoom level 300, and I'm back to where I started.  I
don't know if I'm ready to try USRadar.geo again!

> I'm wondering if there might be an off-by-one problem in the map
> index lookup somewhere, so that the wrong map is getting drawn on
> your system.
  You said that the map_index.sys file contains preferences.  Is that
where layer, min/max zoom, and the automap flag are stored?  Is it
possible that the program might be looking there as well as in
selected_maps.sys, so that when a map is deselected without first
resetting all the preferences to null, it gets confused and thinks its
still selected?

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin