[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 4 23:17:47 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Rick Green wrote:

>   You said that the map_index.sys file contains preferences.  Is that
> where layer, min/max zoom, and the automap flag are stored?

Yes.

> Is it
> possible that the program might be looking there as well as in
> selected_maps.sys, so that when a map is deselected without first
> resetting all the preferences to null, it gets confused and thinks its
> still selected?

Nope.  It only loads the maps that are in selected_maps.sys.  It
gets preferences only from map_index.sys.  There should be no way
for it to get confused between the two.

It's certainly possible that a new bug was introduced recently in
the map code.  The way you described it, it was repeatable, every
time you started up Xastir.  If I can duplicate that bug myself I
can track it down and fix it.  If it doesn't appear again for a
while, it might exist in the code for quite some time.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer