[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Oct 5 00:25:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Rick Green wrote:
>
> >   You said that the map_index.sys file contains preferences.  Is that
> > where layer, min/max zoom, and the automap flag are stored?
>
> Yes.
>

> > Is it
> > possible that the program might be looking there as well as in
> > selected_maps.sys, so that when a map is deselected without first
> > resetting all the preferences to null, it gets confused and thinks its
> > still selected?
>
> Nope.  It only loads the maps that are in selected_maps.sys.  It
> gets preferences only from map_index.sys.  There should be no way
> for it to get confused between the two.
  Well, I was able to repeat the problem.  It only seems to affect
USRadar.geo .  Once I select it, it doesn't go away when I deselect it
until I stop xastir and delete map_index.sys .  It continues to appear
whenever I go to a zoom level within its range.

> It's certainly possible that a new bug was introduced recently in
> the map code.  The way you described it, it was repeatable, every
> time you started up Xastir.  If I can duplicate that bug myself I
> can track it down and fix it.  If it doesn't appear again for a
> while, it might exist in the code for quite some time.

Or it's an old bug.  I'm running v1.3.2 which I believe I pulled sometime
last May or June, soon after I got home from Dayton.  I probably should
pull a newer version, or try the copy on the laptop which is newer.
Unfortunately, my newest implementation is on a machine that's decided to
reboot itself spontaneously every few minutes...

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin