[Xastir] ESRI shapefile troubles

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Oct 5 17:20:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use Xastir from CVS (2004-09-18) with ESRI shapefiles that
describe a part of the Finnish road network. When I added the shapefiles
to xastir's map directory, I only got some dots and a few polygons to
the screen, nothing that resembles a road network. No error messages are
printed to stdout/stderr, except the "No DBFAWK signature found" that I
get from world.shp as well. Shapelib is version 1.2.10.

I don't know much about shapefiles so I'm asking here if someone could
take a quick look on those shapefiles and tell me if there is something
fundamentally wrong with them or are they just some way incompatible
with Xastir. I've placed the files temporarily at
http://www.oh2kku.ham.fi/misc/, they should describe a road network at
about 60 deg 30 minutes north, 25 deg 5 minutes east (the city of
Järvenpää).

   Tapio