[Xastir] Server Port Question

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Sun Sep 19 22:36:37 EDT 2004

I'm running Suse 9.0 and Xastir 1.4.0 and am trying to get ui-view to connect
with Xastir via port 2023. I've enable the port and can get ui-view to log in
but it will not validate. I get the message below:

X_spider client connected from address 192.168.100.100
X_spider: Bad authentication, user , pass xxxxx
X_spider session terminated, unauthenticated user, address 192.168.100.100

If seems that Xastir is expecting the user name syntax to be different than
ui-view is sending it. Ui-view successfully connects to a tier 2 server and
authenticates with no issues.

What am I doing wrong???

If anyone knows how to gather traffic information such as ui-traffic and
ui-path do on the linux platform, let me know and I can forgo the need for
ui-view...

-Joe