[Xastir] ax25 nodes

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Mon Sep 20 18:28:38 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 02:44, ke4lkq wrote:
> Node is really not the right choice of word, I gues.
> When an ax25 port is configured, you can give it an ip address and I was
> thinking one could connect to it via another computer on the lan. but I
> cannot get to work although it shows up as a network interface in
> "route" as ax0 or whatever one has configured.
> Vic

ax0 is an (ax25) interface, just like eth0 is an (ethernet) interface.
Normally connections to the interfaces are from teh outside, however,
you could connect to the ip address of eitherusing ssh or telnet.

Possibly the routing on the LAN needs to have axo ipaddress via eth0 ip
address.

My next question is, what are you trying to do/achieve?

Regards
Ron
vk3ecv