[Xastir] ax25 nodes

ke4lkq ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Mon Sep 20 20:59:11 EDT 2004

Trying to do something like Hasan is doing, see server port questions thread.
Only using kiss tnc ax25 ports rather than something else.

In an ideal world I would like to have my older box with its isa slot
rocketport cards (multi-serial interfaces) supervise the tncs, wx stations,
and other i/o serial external devices, and be able to connect to the data via
ethernet or some other way to other boxes  (runnung Linux".  No way to stick
the cards into pci slots!! and too expensive to replace while I have good
machines with the isa slots.

I just wish that there was a way to interface multiple clients to a central
server doing the connectiong to the outside world via the serial interfaces.

Maybe there is a way to do this and its over my head.

I am now using ax25spyd to server multiple telnet sessions on all the other
machines, but XASTIR does not understand the data.  Xastir connects quite
well to ax25spyd ports, just doesn't understand the "aprs: AX25: KE4LKQ
->APRS".etc,etc,etc..... in front of all the data strings.

Clear as mud??

Vic
,