[Xastir] Change to RELAY digipeat function

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Apr 8 10:50:58 EDT 2005

Deep breath.  Exhale.  Do it again.

<opinion>
Most of this is not going to relieve packet congestion on metro-digi
networks.  It's gonna look like it for a period of time until the folks
who don't follow the APRS sig catch up/catch on, and then the congestion
will return.  The transient interlude of inadequate user upgrades will
provide the appearance of success.  The short memory cycles associated
with most hams will preclude recollection of the previous congestion and
the implication will be that things were better for a while, but the
population's growing.

At some point, physics will have to intrude on conjecture in the
application of RF networking.

This is a band-aid approach to an arterial laceration.
</opinion>

gerry