[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri Apr 15 19:35:30 EDT 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>>Hi, we would like to have the APRS messages stored in a database and/or

> Yes.  Absolutely.
>
> We've been planning to go in this direction for Xastir2, with a
> daemon feeding a database, that daemon probably also responsible for
> the talking to and controlling the interfaces.

Where can I get more info about Xastir 2? Will you change the graphical
toolkit?

> If you do integrate a database with Xastir, make sure it is done
> with as generic SQL as possible, that you use a spatially-aware
> database (so that things can be searched for by lat/long bounding
> rectangles), and that you can support at least MySQL and PostGreSQL
> at a minimum.

I will need it done quickly, at least at the beginning. To support a
large number of DB, we should use a development toolkit like Qt. I'm
going to use MySQL at first...

> Also read the notes for developers document on the Xastir
> SourceForge pages.  That will make any patches that you come up with
> much easier to integrate into the main CVS code by the developers.

Where can I findd this? Unfortunately I didn't find it

IW2NYD

--
How to build an IR receiver
http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc

Nexstar cable
hittp://lnx.manoweb.com/astro/telescope/cable