[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 15 21:29:57 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Where can I get more info about Xastir 2? Will you change the graphical
> toolkit?

The only info about it so far is in discussions on the xastir and
xastir-dev list over the last three years or so.

> I will need it done quickly, at least at the beginning. To support a large
> number of DB, we should use a development toolkit like Qt. I'm going to use
> MySQL at first...

Qt costs money on Windows platforms, but is free for other
platforms.  I'm not a big fan of using something that will cost
people a bunch of money.  WXwidgets or Gtk might be better choices.
Unfortunately even changing to one of these will alienate some users
that don't want to install additional libraries, but it would sure
make GUI development easier.

Also, if we supported Qt, we could perhaps create a version to run
on the Sharp Zaurus and some other PDA or PDA-like computers that
don't run X11.

It'd be great if we could support Gtk _and_ Qt _and_ perhaps
something else good that might come along.  More work though.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer