[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Apr 19 13:40:16 EDT 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> To be fair, I'd also rather stick to open-source stuff, instead of
> tying things to a company

http://www.kde.org/whatiskde/kdefreeqtfoundation.php

"To fulfil the purpose of the Foundation an agreement between Trolltech
and the Foundation was made which gives the Foundation the right to
release Qt under a BSD-style license in case Trolltech doesn't continue
the development of the Qt Free Edition for any reason including, but not
limited to, a buy-out of Trolltech, a merger or bankruptcy."

>, but unless we can do a couple of
> different GUI's

it would be a terrible waste of resources, which could be better managed
to work on the Xastir core.

> Another possibility is WxWidgets.

It doesn't *look* so nice as Qt :) and I don't like its way to manage
events. But, and then I will stop to advocate for Qt, there is one last
thing that I like VERY much: documentation, have a look at it:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/index.html

ciao
IW2NYD

--
How to build an IR receiver
http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc

Nexstar cable
hittp://lnx.manoweb.com/astro/telescope/cable