[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Jeff Barlow Jeff at WB6CSV.net
Tue Apr 19 14:30:28 EDT 2005

"Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>  wrote:

>Wouldn't you imagine that we might get a bunch of PDA Xastir users
>if it were ported to that platform?

I thought most PDA's ran WindowsCE now.

>Pocket Xastir would be the ultimate!  Ok, not the
>ultimate, but pretty darned cool.

To each his own. I'm not that big on carrying gadgets around with
me. I don't even have a cell phone. I do carry a GPS when I go
hiking, but it spends most of it's time in my pocket till it's
time to find my way back to the trail head. I go out there to
enjoy the rocks and trees, not play with tech toys.

OTOH, for your SAR teams, a highly portable APRS system makes a
lot of sense.

--
Later,
Jeff