[Xastir] Font Issues

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 23 14:02:24 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> I keep seeing things like this after typing xastir &
> in X term. AN they just continue to display. Could be
> hundreds or even thousands per day (not really sure
> they just keep scrolling in the term window). It seems
> to correspond with the APRS data TNC or Net:
>

> Warning:
>     Name: create_appshell text_output
>     Class: XmTextField
>     Character '\117' not supported in font.
> Discarded.

A quick search with Google found 474 hits regarding this type of
problem.  I added "suse" to the end of the search string and got it
down to a workable number (SuSE is what I'm running).

Try searching using these keywords:

  Character "not supported in font.  Discarded." suse

I may try one of the solutions later.  I'm seeing this on one of my
systems, but not the other.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer