[Xastir] Own Weather Reports

Clay Jackson clayj at nwlink.com
Sat Feb 5 13:26:38 EST 2005

I'm having some problems wWeather reports.  I've got a Davis WMII,
w/meteo capturing the data, and db2APRS sending the data from a
different system to Xastir.  I've hacked db2APRS a bit, to make it
conform to the APRS 1.1 spec for positionless weather data -  so, it's
sending packets that look like this:

_0205101900c161s001g005t040r000p009P008h88b10225xDvs

According to the spec r000 is rain in the last hour, p009 is rain in the
last 24 hours and P008 is rain since midnite.  HOWEVER, Xastir is
reporting total rain of 0.09 and 0.00 for the other rain values.  The
other data points (wind, temp, humidity) all look OK.

Also, I'm not seeing anything in the Dew Point, High Wind, Wind
Chill/Heat Index and Hi and Low Temps - is Xastir expecting those from
the Weather Station, or calculating them?

Clay - N7QNM