[Xastir] xastir on a bootable/runable CD?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Feb 11 10:58:10 EST 2005

> I also checked the javAPRS web page and couldn't find reference to
> shapefile support - only aprsDOS, gif, and TIGER (online maps generated
> by the census server, it appears?).

It's hiding but it's there:

  http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRS/shpmaps.htm

If the map file is a ShapeFile, the entry looks like:
mapname.shp,mapCenterLat,mapCenterLon,scale[,bac kgroundColor[,iconScale]]
or
mapname.zip,mapCenterLat,mapCenterLon,scale[,bac kgroundColor[,iconScale]]

<PARAM name="mapListFile" value="list.txt">

list.txt is the file name of a text file that is formated the same as the mapList, except that each entry is put on its
own line instead of using dollar signs for separators.

The German Knoppix CD has an option at bootup to put much of the text in to English...
I'll find it after an errand if nobody else can come up with it.

Bill