[Xastir] PHG Circles

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 27 19:32:00 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Gale D. Wilkinson wrote:

> I was wondering how hard it would be to change some of the display
> characteristics of the phg circles.  Namely, could we make the line width  a
> little heavier?  As it is they can be very hard to see depending on the exact
> map background. Maybe it could be a setup option to change the line width
> (weight?) and/or color to fit with the maps in use (and the eyes trying to see
> then..).

It is trivial to make them thicker.  Should be just changing one
number in an X11 call.

Adding options to the GUI is a bit of a pain, but can be done.

Another option would be to change the circles to do an XOR
function so that they're visible on top of any map colors.  I
hesitate to use this drawing function for too much, as there's a
limit to how many drawing functions you might want to use it on at
once.  You wouldn't be able to differentiate between different
functions if they both used it.

The "Draw CAD Objects" function uses the XOR drawing function
currently.  We might use it in another couple of places.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer