[Xastir] Xastir 1.4.0 Help

Ian A Bultitude ian at bultitude.org
Thu Jan 6 17:44:27 EST 2005

This message was originally sent to xastirdev at astir.org as per the instructions in a help page/website but was returned undelivered.

Happy New Year to you all.

I am new to using APRS and Xastir. I have been asked by the locals to supply a service for them but I am running into many problems.
I have managed to get it installed on my Linux system but it is not working well at all.
1/ I have no maps displayed apart from the world and only then on 10000Km range. Note I am from the UK and would like UK maps)
2/ The text at the bottom of the window does not refresh but gets over written and is not readable.
3/ If I start from a terminal window I many errors saying unable to download map data (I forget exact message). What is it
downloading, Where is it downloading from and on what port? This may be due to a firewall issue but I have no information.

These are the main problems that I have at the moment. I am still learning about the program and what it does.

Regards
Ian
mailto:ian at bultitude.org
Phone +44-1604-75-82-82
Mobile +44-7785-532-628

PGP key available on certserver.pgp.com
or on request

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is private and confidential to the named recipients. Any information provided is given in good faith; it may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised form of reproduction or disclosure of this message is prohibited.

I have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, I cannot
accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachment.