[Xastir] Xastir 1.4.0 Help

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jan 6 18:27:15 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:44:27PM -0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ian at bultitude.org> flavor, containing:

That should have been "xastir-dev at xastir.org" --- what web site told you to
use "xastirdev at astir.org"?

> 1/ I have no maps displayed apart from the world and only then on 10000Km range. Note I am from the UK and would like UK maps)

You have to provide your own map data in one of the 120+ formats that xastir
can read with all the optional libraries installed.  I can't help you with
sources of maps for the UK, though.  Perhaps someone else here can.

What world map are you using?

> 2/ The text at the bottom of the window does not refresh but gets over written and is not readable.

Is this with a current CVS checkout of xastir?  I haven't heard this issue
any time recently.

> 3/ If I start from a terminal window I many errors saying unable to download map data (I forget exact message). What is it
> downloading, Where is it downloading from and on what port? This may be due to a firewall issue but I have no information.

What maps do you have enabled in the Map Chooser?  There are a handful of
"Online" maps you can choose there (none for the UK, I think), and if those
are enabled then it would attempt to download them.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."