[Xastir] Area Color fills and highway colors

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jan 17 21:14:42 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:22:55PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <tim at gimmel.org> flavor, containing:
> Tom,
> Thanks so much for the information.  I gonna give up on the fills for
> now.  Particularly since these files won't work anyway.  But I am so
> grateful for the dbfawk info.  I have already colored my highways white!
> Which brings me to the basic question: what are the color codes?  Can I
> find the 'list' somewhere?  Also I noticed in the dbfawk file some color
> codes that I would say are 16-bit. (color 255) Which I would think would
> be white.

No, the codes aren't 16 bit colors --- they're simply indices into the "colors"
array.  You can find the actual code that sets colors into the array in
main.c

Color 255 is actually 73% gray.

I made a little table once for quick reference.  It's in my dbfawk tutorial
on http://www.swcp.com/~russo/shape_web/

> You can see what it looks like as I work on them at
> http://www.gimmel.org:8080.

Vy nice!

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."