[Xastir] Snapshot

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 19 01:09:02 EST 2005

> how old is your Xastir? There was a fix in the ImageMagic routines not >
> too long ago. Snapshots stopped working for me after I upgraded
> ImageMagic and the fix solved the problem.

That's really hard to tell... I ran update-xastir, which should get all the
latest and greatest cvs updates. The only way I know to tell how old Xastir
is, is to look at the timestamp on the file. The Help | About section says
1.4.2.

The starnge things is that I get the occasional snapshot that works. I think
I have narrowed down the problem.

I have the Toporama 50k image with a raster image on top of that, then a
couple shapefile layers on top of that.

In that configuration, I get these errors.:

convert: Improper image header `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm'.
convert: missing an image filename `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png'.
System call return error: convert: /home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm ->
/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png

However, curl timed out, and I lost the Toporama 50k layer. Poof, I now have
a snapshot of the screen.

It appears that convert is having an issue with the image header in the XPM
file. Why would having the Toporama 50k layer on screen cause a problem in
creating the XPM file?

I just turned on the Toporama 250k layer instead of the 50k layer, and I am
now getting the same error.

I tried getting a really busy map in the USA, and making a snapshot of it. A
simple Tigermap screen worked, but when I asked for all online maps, and
then a snapshot I managed to kill Xastir. I don't know if this is
coincidence or not.

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x56a3b7)!
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  122 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  5678008

[1]+  Exit 1                  xastir

James (If you build it I will break it) Ewen
VE6SRV