[Xastir] Killed object reborn by xastir

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Jan 26 11:21:44 EST 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> before they killed it.  I wonder if the other station might have
> temporarily changed to your callsign in order to kill the object?
> That could explain it.  Of course the more likely explanation is
> that Xastir has a bug or two in this area.

This is the actual packet I was sending out:
OH2KKU>APX142,WIDE,WIDE:;ESPOOETS *191128z6010.29N/02448.10E+Tuulikuja
1, jalkaets. klo 9 SA alk.

This is what I received when it was killed (from the net feed):
OH2KFH>APU25N,TCPIP*:;ESPOOETS _191224z6010.29N/02448.10E+Tuulikuja 1,
jalkaets. klo 9 SA alk.

The above packet is the only packet I received from that station. I
didn't see any packets that looked like my station had originated them,
but in reality would be from some other station.

And then Xastir continued sending the kill packet for about 6 hours:
OH2KKU>APX142,WIDE,WIDE:;ESPOOETS _191231z6010.29N/02448.10E+Tuulikuja
1, jalkaets. klo 9 SA alk.

I just duplicated this by creating an object in Xastir and then sending
a kill packet from another callsign for that object. The object
disappeared from my map and Xastir started sending a kill packet for
that object. Then I restarted Xastir and it brought the object back from
the dead as it was still in object.log. Very reproducable.

> Please file a bug report.  Provide lots of detail so the bug can be
> reproduced.

I don't know what more can I say.. I'll post a copy of these messages there.

   Tapio