[Xastir] trail attributes - colour, thickness

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 31 18:18:32 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Tom Tessier wrote:

> Yeah, when using shapefiles with a colour background, when the trail is the
> same colour as the background it disappears. I have to cycle the background
> to a colour not taken by other trails. It seems like it would be better to
> leave the background blue for the water and change the trail colour instead.
> I'll have a look at the colour setting code to see how difficult this might
> be.

My initial thoughts were to add one or two buttons to the Station
Info dialog to allow cycling through the available options.  Could
add more buttons to allow changing the pattern or doing a two-color
line.  Best would be just a Config Trail button that takes you do a
new dialog where a bunch of options could be selected.

Another option is to use XOR while drawing the trails.  That way
they change color so that you can see them across any color
background.